SEVEN BEAUTIFUL HILLS
Lisbon is also well known for the beautiful views which are reflected in the particular geography of the city.
B&B Zuzabed is located on a 2nd and 3rd floors, in Chiado district in one of the typical Lisbon stairways without traffic.
Because of our privileged location in the heart of Lisbon you'll have stunning views to the castle and old city center.
Our famous street/stairway Calçada do Duque connects two other central neighborhoods: Bairro Alto and Baixa districts; both at 3 minutes walking distance in opposite directions from our door. BAIRRO ALTO going uphill and BAIXA going downhill from our door.
Bairro Alto district populated by locals for nightlife (bars, restaurants and Fado taverns) is only 3 minutes walking up hill.
Baixa district with Rossio square (known as downtown, sea level) for all the classic shopping is in the opposite direction, downhill and only 3 minutes walking.
St. George Castle and Alfama district is only 15 to 20 minutes walking.
Tagus river (Rio Tejo) and its waterfront can be reached after 10 minutes walking from B&B Zuzabed.
- TAXI - depending on traffic, around 15/20 minutes from Lisbon Airport until the city center with an average cost of 15€. This is the easiest way if you don't want to walk uphill carrying your luggage. It will be door to door until the meeting point address which is RUA DO DUQUE, 41.
- METRO from airport - Change lines in ALAMEDA (intersection of red/green lines) and continue to ROSSIO stop (green line) . From Rossio you will have only 3 minutes walking uphill direction to Bairro Alto. You find us half way while going uphill.
- AEROBUS (airport shuttle) - PRAÇA FIGUEIRA stop - you have only 4 minutes walking uphill until meeting point address.
- TRAM 15 to Bélem from FIGUEIRA Square at only 4 minutes walking next to Rossio square.
- TRAM 28 from MARTIM MONIZ Square at less than 5 minutes walking and next to Figueira square.
- ROSSIO train station (to/from Sintra) - 2 minutes walking distance down through Calçada do Duque (stairway).
- CAIS DO SODRÉ train station (to/from Cascais) - 10 minutes walking distance to waterfront.
- SANTA APOLÓNIA train station (to/from Porto and Spain):
- 10 to 15 minutes by Metro (blue line from Restauradores or Baixa-Chiado stops direction to Santa Apolónia (end of line)
- ENTRECAMPOS train station (to/from Algarve)
- 20 minutes by Metro/subway blue line from Restauradores or Baixa-Chiado stops to MARQUÊS DO POMBAL where you have to change to the yellow line. When on the yellow line your exit/final stop should be ENTRECAMPOS.
- SETE RIOS train & bus terminal (train to/from Algarve. Bus all Portugal/Spain)
- 15 minutes by Metro blue line from Restauradores or Baixa-Chiado stops to JARDIM ZOOLÓGICO Metro stop.
If you're driving in Lisbon you have several parking options nearby. However, please remember that we are located in the heart of Lisbon city center and as in Capital cities around the world, street parking is paid (meter system with coins).
At 5 minutes walking distance you have a good parking deal in RESTAURADORES Square when paid each 24h in advance (in front of Hard-Rock Café).
Please refer to the following link:
Find the right parking place that suits you best. You may see nightly parking rates as well.